October office hours are here! My very special guest this month is my friend and colleague Alderwoman Barbara Foushee. Join us Saturday, October 12, anytime between 5:30 and 7:30 pm at Open Eye Cafe. Drop by anytime to talk about all things Carrboro—including this new bus shelter.
Updated November 10, 2019.
Summer is here! It’s time to plan ahead for another season of office hours. It’s been a fun and interesting year for office hours so far, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of you over the next several months.
- Sunday, July 14, 1:00-3:00 pm, Vecino Brewing Co
- Friday, August 23, 12:00-2:00 pm, lunch hour at Mel’s Luncheonette
- Saturday, September 14, 4:00-6:00 pm, Open Eye Cafe
- Saturday, October 12, with special guest Alderwoman Barbara Foushee, 5:30-7:00 pm, Open Eye Cafe
- Sunday, November 17,
2:00-4:00 pm,12:30-2:30 pm, Johnny’s Gone Fishing
- Friday, December 13, 4:30-6:30 pm (location to be determined)
Come talk about Carrboro!
For this month’s office hours, I’m glad to welcome special guest Joal Hall Broun, the chair of the Chapel Hill-Carrboro school board and a former Carrboro alderwoman. Joal also serves on the executive committee of the Chapel Hill-Carrboro branch of the NAACP. She has worked for all of us locally and regionally in a variety of roles over many years.
Drop by anytime on Saturday, March 30, between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm! We’ll be camped out in the Claremont neighborhood clubhouse at 115 Orlando Place. (Many thanks to the Claremont Homeowners Association.)
Updated June 4, 2019.
The new year means a new season of office hours! Want to chat about Carrboro? Join me for any or all. Here are the details:
- Office hours: Saturday, January 12, 2:00-4:00 pm: Looking Glass Cafe
- Happy office hours: Friday, February 8, 5:30-7:30 pm: Vecino Brewing Co
- Office hours with special guest Joal Hall Broun: Saturday, March 30, 11:00 am-1:00 pm: Claremont Clubhouse (115 Orlando Place, Carrboro)
- Office hours: Sunday, April 14, 2:00-4:00 pm: Napoli Cafe & Gelateria
- Happy office hours: Thursday, May 9, 5:30-7:00 pm: Steel String Brewery
- Office hours with special guest Margaret Herring: Saturday,
June 8June 15, 9:00-11:00 am: Gray Squirrel Coffee Company