It’s Official: I’m Running for Mayor!
As a member of the Town Council since 2013, I have had the opportunity to work closely with community members on a wide range of issues. In my 2021 mayoral campaign, I am seeking to build on the accomplishments as a council member and to engage all of Carrboro in our important work together.
- For a comprehensive plan to guide decisions about growth and development consistent with our values
- For better local and regional public transit
- For our place at the regional table
- For a growing, diverse community
My priorities include:
- Land use and transportation planning that promotes a healthy and affordable community, furthers our leadership in alternative transportation, thoughtfully integrates new development with our existing neighborhoods, and responds to the challenges of global climate change.
- Taking lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure we are providing services to meet community needs and allocating our resources equitably.
- Economic development that helps locally owned businesses thrive, expands and diversifies our tax base, and meets people’s everyday needs close to home.
- Policy making that encourages broad participation, fosters partnerships with and among community groups, and builds on Carrboro’s reputation as a progressive community that that holds racial equity and social justice in the foreground.